Vintage Lady in Canary Yellow

8:33 PM

Enjoying the beauty of Spring, in this darling Canary Yellow Floral Dress from the Lady Vintage collection. Lady V London carries such beautiful dresses & offers different lengths such as the Tea Length for Petite Ladies & the Hepburn Length for the Taller Ladies. The Tea Length worked out beautifully for me as I am on the shorter Petite side, it sits perfectly at my knees so I can show off my legs. When I first saw this dress I fell in love with its Canary Yellow hue, I love all shades of Yellow from Baby Yellow, Canary Yellow to even a Mustard yellow. This classic 50s inspired swing dress is the perfect dress for this warm Spring weather.
This Classic 50s design has that perfect 50s silhouette featuring a flared skirt with a fitted bodice. The Bodice reminds me a lot of Audrey Hepburn she was known for wearing that High Neckline with her full circle dresses. There are so many darling features on this dress such as the V-Neck in the back, the Dress Tie to cinch your waist in a bit, & the floral print. I love when swing dresses have dress ties to add a cute little bow in the back or in the front. I thought it would be really cute to tie the bow in the front, when doing that I was also able to cinch my waist area in a bit more so my natural curves wouldn't get lost. This floral print is so unique, I love the little cream flowers with a hint of orange in the middle & the gray/black gives it a nice contrast against the Canary Yellow. 
I have always loved Dior's "New Look" catalog images, the models wearing the elbow length gloves with the elegant hand poses. Gloves seem to always make your attire look even more Elegant & Sophisticated, so I wanted to add my Vintage 1950s chiffon gloves that I wore on my Wedding Day. Another added accessory is this beautiful custom hand made Ivory Double Rose from PinUpCurl, which paired up perfectly with my outfit. 
I am wearing their UK size 8, but I am in between sizes as my bust fits their UK 8 & my waist fits a UK 6. Since this darling dress offers a dress tie I was able to tie it to fit my measurements perfectly! The bodice fits beautifully it's not to snug & not to loose, the High Neck & V-Back sit perfectly & comfortably on me. The fit overall seems true to size, so when ordering I recommend taking a look at the LadyVLondon Size Chart before making your purchase. 

x, MissVintageLady

Yellow Floral Tea Dress : LadyVLondon
Ivory Double Rose Hair Flower : PinUpCurl 
Shiny Black Dominia Mules : Pleaser USA


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Copyright 2017 @MissVintageLady. Powered by Blogger.